Thursday, November 4, 2010

The most awesome translation evah!

I'd just like to mention the most recent paper I translated for work. I am particularly proud of this one, because the author had written some seriously long, convoluted sentences which nearly succeeded in causing my brain to explode in the process of translating them. Check it out if you want!

It's funny to think that just a year ago I was writing childish little reports for Korean class about my hometown and my favorite food, and now I'm producing sentences like this one:

"Particularly in a familial/individual leadership structure which is based on informal support relationships, these sorts of conflicts can lead to factionalization within groups which share common interests, and dramatic changes in power dynamics and opportunistic conflicts between factions brought on by the realignment of power and interests are likely to contribute to an overall disruption of regime stability."

Of course, all due credit goes to the author, Kim Jin Ha, political scientist and North Korea expert extraordinaire!

No comments:

Post a Comment