Sunday, April 22, 2012

World's Most Precious Kitty Coming to America!

It's official! Greta and I are moving to LA in August. I will be starting my PhD in Polisci/IR, and Greta will be continuing her goodwill mission to promote Japanese feline culture and refinement around the world.

Greta flew in an airplane once before, in 2009 when we moved to Korea, but that was only a two hour flight and I doubt she remembers it now. I sat down with her and patiently explained everything was going to happen, and answered her questions.

If the pilots are not kitties, how can we be sure we'll land on our feet?
And I'm not allowed to pee the whole time?
Greta understandably has some anxieties about moving to another country. The last move was hard on her at first, but she eventually embraced her new home. She is studying up to learn everything she can about her mommy's homeland.
This is where we're going to live? How will we both fit in such
a small two-dimensional space?
What's this about tired, poor, huddled masses? I am a Kamogawa princess
from an ancient bloodline. I do not huddle with the masses.
If we move to America, can I get a handgun?
America, prepare yourselves for a major cuteness injection this August!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete